- IlluminDance (By Melissa Wanamaker with drumming performance by Michael MCDaniel)
- A lighted loop below the M (see map below)
- Axe Throwing
Kickoff The Enchanting M with a simple community circle dance with flashlight lantern torches to some live West African rhythms played by Butte’s own Montana Michael MCDaniel. Illumindance is the intersection of dance, light, and spectacle. You can bring your own lighted props or learn how to make a flashlight torch in preparation for this event (see workshop details below). All ages are welcome!
It was born from:
- a commitment to move more in 2024;
- the joy of living an artful life;
- the length of our long dark Winter days;
- the bleakness of the 24-hour news cycle;
- and the pure fun of dancing in the community.
Afterward, explore an immersive lighted loop below the M (see map below). The soft glow of trees adorned with string lights will guide you through the loop. We recommend footwear that has good traction and/or Yaktrax for walking the full loop as well as additional light depending on your preferences.
Please dress appropriately for Butte’s winter nighttime (think multiple layers of clothing and insulated boots!).
Braziers will be in the parking area to warm up, play some games, and enjoy our winter nighttime.